XFS does not recognise mount options in 2.6.27-rc6

XFS does not recognise mount options in 2.6.27-rc6

Frederik Himpe
In 2.6.27-rc6, XFS still does not recognise mount options like logbufs and
others. Because of this, at boot time it fails to mount the partitions rw,
making the system unusable.

Some time ago, it seems a patch was about to be committed, but apparently
this has not been done yet:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/8/14/340

What's the status of this now?

--
Frederik Himpe

Re: XFS does not recognise mount options in 2.6.27-rc6

Rafael J. Wysocki
On Sunday, 14 of September 2008, Frederik Himpe wrote:
> In 2.6.27-rc6, XFS still does not recognise mount options like logbufs and
> others. Because of this, at boot time it fails to mount the partitions rw,
> making the system unusable.

Was 2.6.26 OK?

Rafael

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 02:31:00AM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 of September 2008, Frederik Himpe wrote:
> > In 2.6.27-rc6, XFS still does not recognise mount options like logbufs and
> > others. Because of this, at boot time it fails to mount the partitions rw,
> > making the system unusable.
>
> Was 2.6.26 OK?

Yes, with 2.6.26 it mounts fine. According to that earlier message on
the list, this is a regression introduced in either 2.6.27-rc2 or
2.6.27-rc3.

--
Frederik Himpe

Re: XFS does not recognise mount options in 2.6.27-rc6

Christoph Hellwig
On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 06:53:21PM +0000, Frederik Himpe wrote:
> In 2.6.27-rc6, XFS still does not recognise mount options like logbufs and
> others. Because of this, at boot time it fails to mount the partitions rw,
> making the system unusable.
>
> Some time ago, it seems a patch was about to be committed, but apparently
> this has not been done yet:
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/8/14/340

The fix is in:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=62a877e35d5085c65936ed3194d1bbaf84f419e1

if you still see problems please give me the exact mount / remount
commands that cause you problems.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 10:15:33AM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 06:53:21PM +0000, Frederik Himpe wrote:
> > In 2.6.27-rc6, XFS still does not recognise mount options like logbufs and
> > others. Because of this, at boot time it fails to mount the partitions rw,
> > making the system unusable.
> >
> > Some time ago, it seems a patch was about to be committed, but apparently
> > this has not been done yet:
> > http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/8/14/340
>
> The fix is in:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=62a877e35d5085c65936ed3194d1bbaf84f419e1
>
> if you still see problems please give me the exact mount / remount
> commands that cause you problems.

Actuallt sorry - that was the patch causing the problem.  The fix (or
workaround) for it is still stuck in the sgi xfs tree:

http://oss.sgi.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=xaiki/xfs-linux-2.6-xfs-cvs/.git;a=commitdiff;h=c6c050dbdcd1e3213f941b9201b49efabf4d687e