Quantcast

10GB memorys occupied by XFS

daiguochao
Hello folks,

I used xfs file system in kernel-2.6.32-220.13.1.el6.x86_64 for store pictures. About 100 days system memorys is lost and some nginx process is killed by oom-killer.So,I looked /proc/meminfo and find memorys is lost.Finally, I try to umount xfs system and 10GB memorys is coming back. l look xfs bugzilla no such BUG.I have no idea for it.

Cheers,

Guochao.

some memorys info:

0> free -m
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:         11887      11668        219          0          0          2
-/+ buffers/cache:      11665        222
Swap:            0          0          0

130> cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:       12173268 kB
MemFree:          223044 kB
Buffers:             244 kB
Cached:             4540 kB
SwapCached:            0 kB
Active:             1700 kB
Inactive:           5312 kB
Active(anon):       1616 kB
Inactive(anon):     1128 kB
Active(file):         84 kB
Inactive(file):     4184 kB
Unevictable:           0 kB
Mlocked:               0 kB
SwapTotal:             0 kB
SwapFree:              0 kB
Dirty:                 0 kB
Writeback:             0 kB
AnonPages:          2556 kB
Mapped:             1088 kB
Shmem:               196 kB
Slab:             509708 kB
SReclaimable:       7596 kB
SUnreclaim:       502112 kB
KernelStack:        1096 kB
PageTables:          748 kB
NFS_Unstable:          0 kB
Bounce:                0 kB
WritebackTmp:          0 kB
CommitLimit:     6086632 kB
Committed_AS:       9440 kB
VmallocTotal:   34359738367 kB
VmallocUsed:      303488 kB
VmallocChunk:   34359426132 kB
HardwareCorrupted:     0 kB
AnonHugePages:         0 kB
HugePages_Total:       0
HugePages_Free:        0
HugePages_Rsvd:        0
HugePages_Surp:        0
Hugepagesize:       2048 kB
DirectMap4k:        6152 kB
DirectMap2M:     2070528 kB
DirectMap1G:    10485760 kB

Re: 10GB memorys occupied by XFS

daiguochao
Dear Stan, I can't send email to you.So I leave a message here.I hope not to bother you.
Thank you for your kind assistance.

In accordance with your suggestion, we executed "echo 3 > /proc/sysm/drop_caches" for trying to release vfs dentries and inodes. Really,
our lost memory came back. But we learned that the memory of vfs dentries and inodes is distributed from slab. Please check our system "Slab:  509708 kB" from /proc/meminfo, and it seems only be took up 500MB and xfs_buf take up 450MB among. And /proc/meminfo indicated that our system memory is anomalous, there is about 10GB out of the statistics. We want to know how the system could observe the usage amount of vfs dentries and iodes through the system interface. If the memory usage of system is not reflected in /proc/meminfo as we can not find the statistics, and we thought it as a bug of xfs.

My  vm.vfs_cache_pressure of linux system is 100. We think that the system will proactively take the memory back when the memory is not enough, rather than oom-killer kills our work process. Our datas of /proc/meminfo occurred during the system problem as below:

Best Regards,

Guochao